And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5, 6, NASB).
In some ways New Year’s resolutions are like the weather. People talk about the weather and their resolutions, but nothing changes. And, some individuals just don’t like the word resolution. For those who don’t like the word resolution, substitute goal or objective or life change.
Here are some New Year’s goals/objectives/life changes/resolutions that are both easy and practical:
- Read and study a portion of God’s Word on a regular basis. An easy way is to read a Proverb a day or every other day for the month of January. Then, perhaps begin reading a Psalm a day or another portion of Scripture on your lunch break or before going to sleep.
- Believe God’s Word. Start trusting God for both the major things as well as the minor things in your life.
- Ask God to help you make prayer a more important part of your life. Seek the Lord’s will for how you live out each day. Set a specific time to pray.
- Agree with God on some behaviors you need to start, stop, limit or increase. Call on the Holy Spirit to help you make positive changes.
- Plan times to serve others using your spiritual gift(s).
Maker of heaven and earth (Psalm 115:15, NASB).
Pastor Cecil Price
January 2, 2022