The Assistant Pastor of Young Adults (YA) and College will be responsible for strategizing, planning, and implementing ministry programs that are in keeping with the church’s overall vision of reaching and discipling the world to be passionate followers of Jesus Christ. He will be shepherding and supervising all Young Adult/College ministries of the church (that is, those who are attending college and are in the work force, and unmarried). He will be involved in recruiting, training, coaching, and managing Young Adult/College ministry workers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In conjunction with the overall LSFC vision, the candidate will: (a) work together with all pastoral staff members to ensure a smooth implementation and integration of YA/College ministries with other ministries of the church, (b) be involved in the lives of YAs and College students as their pastor—establishing healthy and spiritually fruitful relationships with them in order to help them love and serve God and others, (c) train the YA/College Leadership Team to be godly servant leaders and to seek God’s vision to proclaim the Gospel and make disciples, (d) establish and nurture a YA/College staff into mature believers who will meet regularly.
DETAILS OF OBJECTIVES
- Help create and cast a vision for this ministry that will help YAs and College students to develop a consistent and growing walk with the Lord to last a lifetime.
- Responsible for the teaching and equipping ministry of the YA/College including YA/College Groups, Academy Hour classes, etc. Will oversee & work with the YA/College leadership team to set curriculum, recruit, schedule teachers, & prepare for classes, groups, etc.
- Provide oversight and pastoral care to those individuals who are mentoring YA/College in small groups or one-on-one venues.
- Disciple YA/College individuals, by mentoring, training, and showing them how to follow Christ in their daily lives for a lifetime.
- Complete monthly ministry reports for Church Leaders, as requested.
- Administer the budget for YA/College ministries.
- Participate in YA/College Leadership meetings and Pastoral Staff meetings.
- Attend Church Leader meetings as needed or requested by Church Leaders.
- Preach in the Sunday Worship Service once a quarter or as his schedule will allow.
- Will report to and be under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, unless otherwise assigned.
- The compensation will be $20 per hour with a maximum expectation of 20 hours per week or $1,600 per month.
- Under certain circumstances there may be reimbursement for travel and supplies as determined by the Church Leaders.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS REQUIRED
|Education:||BA/MA in theological studies; or presently enrolled in a theological education degree program.|
|Experience:||3-5 years of ministry and leadership experience in a church setting desirable but evaluated on a case-by-case basis|
|Spiritual Gifts:||Teaching, discipling, communication, leadership, administration|
|Special Requirements:||Ability to build relationships and build teams. Passion for multi-ethnic ministries.|
|Education:||Some background in YA/College Ministries or general education.|
|Experience:||2-4 years of teaching or in educational administration.|
|Special Requirements:||Ability to develop and implement strategic long-term programs|