The Pastor of Youth will be responsible for strategizing, planning, and implementing Youth ministry programs that are in keeping with the church’s overall vision of reaching and discipling the world to be passionate followers of Jesus Christ. He will be shepherding and supervising the youth ministries of the church (that is, those in 7-12th grades). He will also be involved in recruiting, training, coaching, and managing Youth ministry co-laborers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In conjunction with the overall LSFC vision, the candidate will: [a] work together with Pastoral Staff members to ensure a smooth implementation and integration of Youth ministries with other ministries of the church, [b] be involved in students’ lives as their pastor—establishing healthy and spiritually fruitful relationships with them to help them love God and others, [c] train respective Student Leadership Teams to be godly servant leaders and to seek God’s vision for the spiritual development of the Youth ministries, [d] establish and nurture an adult youth leadership team which meets regularly, comprised of motivated and equipped parents/adults, [e] establish & nurture relationships with parents of the youth, so they can participate in the discipleship process of their children.
DETAILS OF OBJECTIVES
- Through a solid cultural understanding of the present generation of youth, create and cast a vision for this ministry that helps the Youth students develop a consistent and growing walk with the Lord to last a lifetime.
- Responsible for the teaching and equipping ministry of the youth. Oversee the planning and execution of large fellowship and small group gatherings.
- Provide oversight and pastoral care particular to those individuals who are discipling youth in small groups or one-on-one venues.
- Personally discipling youth students, so that they will themselves be making lifetime disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Attend and lead Youth Ministry Leadership Meetings.
- Attend and participate in Church Leaders Meetings as needed or requested by Church Leaders.
- Complete weekly ministry reports for the Pastoral Staff and monthly reports for Church Leaders.
- Participate in Pastoral Staff meetings.
- Administer budgets for both the Youth ministries.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS REQUIRED
|Education:||BA/MA in theological studies; or presently enrolled in a theological education institution.|
|Experience:||3-5 years of ministry and leadership experience in a church setting desirable but evaluated on a case-by-case basis|
|Spiritual Gifts:||Teaching, discipling, communication, leadership, administration|
|Special Requirements:||Ability to build relationships and build teams. Passion for multi-ethnic ministries.|
|Education:||Some background in Youth Ministries or general education.|
|Experience:||2-4 years of teaching or in educational administration.|
|Special Requirements:||Ability to develop and implement strategic long-term programs|
- The compensation will be $20 per hour with a maximum of 20 hours per week or $1,600 per month.
- Under certain circumstances there may be reimbursement for travel and supplies as needed.