What is your favorite holiday? Some might indicate Christmas. Other followers of Christ might say Easter. In America, one of the least commercialized holidays is Thanksgiving. Even though unbelievers gather and feast on this holiday, Christians can use the entire month in special reflection and appreciation for God’s abundant blessings toward us.
For believers in Jesus, every day should be a filled with thanksgiving as we privately and publicly acknowledge God’s goodness in our lives.
Here are some verses from Psalms to reflect on and utilize to express gratitude to the Lord for His blessings upon our lives. They are from the 1995 edition of The New American Standard Bible.
- I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders (Psalm 9:1).
- Sing praise to the LORD, you His godly ones, and give thanks to His holy name (Psalm 30:4).
- I will praise the name of God with song and magnify Him with thanksgiving (Psalm 69:30).
- So we Your people and the sheep of Your pasture will give thanks to You forever; To all generations we will tell of Your praise (Psalm 79:13).
- I will give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and will glorify Your name forever (Psalm 86:12).
- Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name (Psalm 100:4).
- Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting (Psalm 106:1).
- With my mouth I will give thanks abundantly to the LORD; and in the midst of many I will praise Him (Psalm 109:30).
- You are my God, and I give thanks to You; You are my God, I extol You (Psalm 118:28).
Throughout this month, not only recall your past and present blessings, but thank the Lord in advance for His future blessings in the Bible’s promises to God’s people too.
Pastor Cecil Price
November 7, 2021