The Senior Pastor will be responsible for strategizing, planning, and implementing ministry programs that are in keeping with the church’s overall vision of reaching and discipling the world to be passionate followers of Jesus Christ. He will be shepherding the congregation and supervising all ministries of the church, 1 Ti. 3:1-7; Tit. 1:5-9; Eph. 4:11-12; 1 Pe. 5:1-4.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In conjunction with the overall LSFC vision, the candidate will: (a) work harmoniously with the Church Leaders and Ministry Leaders to provide spiritual leadership and unity in the church, (b) work together with all pastoral staff members to ensure a smooth implementation and integration of all ministries together of the church, (c) shepherd members and attendees of the church as their pastor—overseeing to their overall health and wellbeing establishing so they may love and serve God and others, (d) teach and train Church Leaders and Ministry leaders to be mature godly servant leaders and together fulfill God’s vision to proclaim the gospel and make disciples of all nations, (e) be in agreement with and in compliance with the Statement of Faith of LSFC.
DETAILS OF OBJECTIVES
- Help create and cast a vision for LSFC to make mature growing serving disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Provide oversight and pastoral care to those who compose the membership and congregation of LSFC.
- Disciple individuals that God may be calling into full-time vocational ministry.
- Lead & help organize monthly Church Leader Meetings.
- Lead & organize weekly Pastoral Staff meetings.
- Regularly preach in the Sunday Worship Service according to a schedule mutually agreed upon with the Church Leaders.
- Reasonable effectiveness in communicating through multi-media with the church congregation.
- Show ability to vision cast, mobilize, and even participate in local and global mission efforts.
- The compensation will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
- Other compensations, i.e., leave, insurance, retirement, will be worked out between the Church Leaders and the candidate before final presentation to the membership for a vote.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS REQUIRED
|Education:||Graduate of an accredited seminary with an M. Div. degree or higher.|
|Experience:||Have 3-5 years of ministry and leadership experience in a church is desirable but will be evaluated upon a case-by-case basis. Ideally, at least 3 years of experience in a lead pastoral role.|
|Spiritual Gifts:||Preaching, teaching, communication, leadership, and administration|
|Special Requirements:||Fluent in American English. Ability to build relationships and build teams. Passion for multi-ethnic ministries. A deep understanding of life in America, its culture, and society. Ability to speak other languages a plus. Strong relational and pastoral skills.|